[at-l] Newb on the loose - the questions begin

Logan Park park at vt.edu
Mon Oct 23 19:36:02 CDT 2006

Hotdog and I were apparently separated at birth, 'cause Jim's Thru
Hiking Papers are worth their weight in wet wipes for just the section
about keeping your mind 'in the game' during your hike.  =)

Virginia, I too had to complete my thru hike before school began in the
fall.  I started about a week after your proposed start date (ref.
http://www.trailjournals.com/hoplite/).  My only regret from the trail
was having to push myself to longer and longer days to reach the end in
time.  Of course, a speedy thruhike is SO much better than none at
all.   Sounds like an early start is a good idea, given the alternatives.

Hoplite