[at-l] Winter Backpacking - Sleeping Pads

Dennis Gass dennis at katom.com
Mon Oct 23 21:57:37 CDT 2006

Thanks to everyone that offered up advice to me over the past month
about sleeping pads and other winter backpacking tips.  I tested a lot
of pads for comfort and read quite a bit (Mara your website is an
awesome resource).

I wound up with a Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Pad, 2 and a half inches
of comfort that I can actually sleep through the night on with minimal
hip and shoulder pain.  When it gets a bit colder here just north of
Atlanta I will test in colder weather using a thin closed cell pad
combined with the Big Agnes.

I'm not the best at taking pictures while backpacking, but I will do my
best to keep my promise to Liteshoe with pix.

Dennis
Trailwind