[at-l] Hardwood Floorest

Kent Gardam kent_gardam at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 09:02:29 CDT 2006

I recommend tearing them back up and replacing them with prefinished hardwood.  The stuff I put down last winter in the living and dining rooms has a finish guaranteed for twenty-five years, so I'm hoping that it will be someone else's problem to refinish them if and when.

  Not the answer you were seeking, no?

Felix J <athiker at smithville.net> wrote:
  Well, since the trail goes through hardwood forests, this'll be somewhat
trail-related. I'm just wrappin' up installing hardwood floors in my
office. (Which is a bedroom that has no bed, but has a desk) What do
y'all recommend to treat them with that won't darken/yellow or look like
you have an inch of shellac on them? I'm wanting to keep the floors as
light and natural as possible (the wood is ash) . Thanks... or, so.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98