[at-l] Vasque Sundowners

Jeff Drake slurpylizard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 14:00:37 CDT 2006

In the process of trying to decide on a new pair of hiking boots.  Mine have
had it and I've got to replace them.  The ones I have are not that great but
they are what I had so I've used them. Now, I must get rid of them because
the support is shot.  Someone recommended Vasque Sundowners to me.  They are
certainly not the cheapest nor the lowest in weight.  I was wondering if
anyone had any experience with them or would recommend any other options I
might try on.  I have good pricing access to North Face, Vasque,
Solamon(sp?) and Merrill so I'd like to choose an option from this list if
possble.  I tried on the Sundowners and they felt pretty good for a new boot
but I'm assuming the leather construction is going to require much more of a
break-in than a more fabric type boot.  Wasn't sure if they would breath
well either.

Any feedback from those who are much more experienced would be appreciated.

Jeff