[at-l] FW: 8 years...ago.

Ferguson, J. Mark Ferguson at CWF.org
Fri Oct 27 12:23:36 CDT 2006

And eight years ago tomorrow you kept right on walking, didn't you?

Skippie...still hiking the same 1.75 mile piece of the AT, back and
forth, back and forth

-----Original Message-----
From: Felix J [mailto:athiker at smithville.net]
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 9:14 AM
To: AT-list
Subject: [at-l] 8 years...ago.

8 years ago today I 'officially' completed the Appalachian Trail. When I

crossed the bridge over the Susquehanna River on that overcast, chilly
day, I had completed the trail as a section hiker. On the west side of
the bridge stood one Kahley Lubitsky to take my picture and give me a
'2000 miler' rocker. How sweet is that? (And, Sloetoe has to tell the
story as to why/how Ms. Lubitsky had a 2000 miler rocker for to give
me.)  At the post office, I received a tape from Kay K. Harvey. I think
it was Cake and Nirvana. I'm not certain about that, though. We ate
lunch at the little restaurant there in the middle of town and I drank
what I think to be my first Yuenlings. It was a good beer, for a
non-beer-drinker like myself.  That night, we (Stoat, Pokey and I)
camped in the only rockless area we could find in the woods several
miles south of Thelma Marks Shelter.  Good times....damn good times.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98