[at-l] My loaded pack...

Ken Bennett bennettk at wfu.edu
Sun Oct 29 15:28:01 CST 2006

On 10/29/06, Victoria R <rose_undine at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I put my whole pack together today, including food and everything except
> fuel (I did pack the empty fuel bottle), and it came to 25 pounds.  Go
> me!  However, there's enough strapped to the outside to make me look like a
> tinker's cart.  I think I need to work on my packing skills.

25 pounds with food is great.

Is that a Tega pack? It seems to be a little small to hold all your gear.
However, it's fine to have your sleeping pad on the outside, because you can
use it on breaks, plus a Z-rest is way to big to go inside most packs. Your
jacket is also okay outside, so you can have it to put on as needed. Your
fuel bottle is kinda large, though -- 22 ounces of white gas will last one
person for a *long* time. I've used the 11-oz bottle for three people for a
week in warmer weather.

--Ken B