[at-l] My loaded pack...

Victoria R rose_undine at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 29 15:46:13 CST 2006

The jacket makes it look much mor loaded than it is.  Here's the same views without the  jacket, and with the tent and z-rest swapped:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b58/RoseUndine/Image043.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b58/RoseUndine/Image044.jpg

It is a Tega.  As you can see from the new pics, it holds my stuff pretty well.  The jacket is very bulky (but does it's job well, and I'm attached to it, so it's coming with me) and will be on me much of the time at first.  The fuel bottle is a 22 oz, and I'm probably not keeping it.  I just wanted a place holder so I could see where fuel would fit in.  I got the idea from a friend to use a 16oz peroxide bottle for my fuel (which is denatured alcohol, not white gas), so I'll probably switch to that.  The only luxury items I'll be bringing are an iPod, some stationary to write home with, and a solo sunshower.  Don't even try to talk me out of the sunshower. ;-)

Ken Bennett <bennettk at wfu.edu> wrote:

On 10/29/06, Victoria R <rose_undine at yahoo.com> wrote: I put my whole pack together today, including food and everything except fuel (I did pack the empty fuel bottle), and it came to 25 pounds.  Go me!  However, there's enough strapped to the outside to make me look like a tinker's cart.  I think I need to work on my packing skills.

25 pounds with food is great.

Is that a Tega pack? It seems to be a little small to hold all your gear. However, it's fine to have your sleeping pad on the outside, because you can use it on breaks, plus a Z-rest is way to big to go inside most packs. Your jacket is also okay outside, so you can have it to put on as needed. Your fuel bottle is kinda large, though -- 22 ounces of white gas will last one person for a *long* time. I've used the 11-oz bottle for three people for a week in warmer weather.

--Ken B