[at-l] Digital cameras-- OT

Sloetoe sloetoe at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 10:36:25 CST 2006

Hit the local pawn shop and offer them half of
whatever the listed price is for a 2 meg or better
camera from Canon, provided it has the software disks
with it. Otherwise hit Best Office Staple Buy Target
Mart for any Canon. (This is assuming that you haven't
already hit the Canon site for free downloadable
software anyway -- then go back to the pawn shop.)

In any event, if you can borrow someone's, do that,
too. Or buy a couple and return the one you don't care
for.

The tricky part may be the storage medium. I have a
CompactFlash camera and like it just fine, and
remember Sony "Memory Sticks" to be too hard to find
in a hurry, but others may have more recently informed
opinions. But if you get a 2 meg camera and set it
about to about 300k, you'll get a fine emailable
picture that will print clear at 4x6. 2 meg will get
you 8x10 in great style. 5 meg will get  you poster
size clarity (for the next time you do poster size
prints. You know. Like tomorrow.)

technotoe