[at-l] Glucosamine, chondroitin, ...

Linda Patton lpatton at mailer.fsu.edu
Sun Sep 3 20:49:47 CDT 2006

Lurker wrote:
> ...Has anyone here ever used them for thumb or hand joint problems?

	I sure have.  I have bad osteo-arthritis in all my finger joints,
including those at the base of the thumbs.  In the beginning, it took me
about three months to see any difference. I'm not sure why, but after a
couple of years I started questioning whether the pills were making all
that much difference.  So I stopped taking them for a couple of weeks,
and I was VERY sorry I did it.  My hands were killing me within a week
or so, but then it took several more weeks to get back "up to speed,"
during which time I really suffered.
	But as others have said, YMMV.
	~~ eArThworm