[at-l] Glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSN only works for some people (was aging...)

Sloetoe sloetoe at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 3 20:57:38 CDT 2006

--- Gary Ticknor <garyticknor at starpower.net> wrote:

> Mara Factor wrote:
> > Just figured I would pass along some other
> experiences with glucosamine...
> > For others, they may not work at all.  That was
> the case for me.  No benefit from them.  Just out
> some cash.
> >

> Same here - Greenbriar

### "Miracle Cures" (whether miracle by chemistry or
by economy) are only cures for problems appropriately
targeted.

Glucosamine/Chondroitan are precursors to cartilege
and connective tissue, meant to be absorbed through
diet (GI) means -- similar to eating "shark cartilege"
or jello (which is made from "rendered" beef joints).
If your underlying condition is not stemming from your
body's dietary intake being outstripped by its
requirements for these substances, as in Mara's case,
then you're not going to see any improvement.

Keep your expectations reasonable. (Or, if you happen
upon a guaranteed youth pill, gimme a call right
quick, PLEASE?)

sloetoe

Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.