[at-l] Glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSN only works for some people (was agi

Mara Factor m_factor at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 3 21:15:02 CDT 2006

Actually, what prompted me to write today was a commercial for something I
saw on TV today.  I haven't a clue what is was (sleep aid, ED, whatever) but
I do remember it was a prescription drug that they told the viewer to ask
their doctor about and in the really fast talking at the end of all these
commercials was the admonition not to take it if taking glucosamine.

It surprised me to hear that but made me think to mention it here.  Perhaps
it can interact with some pharmaceuticals?  Or perhaps these supplements can
affect absorption of the phamaceuticals and keep them from working properly.
  In any case, I'm just passing along what I heard.  You do get what you pay
for, after all.

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor