[at-l] Someone to hike with Jerry!

Felix J athiker at smithville.net
Mon Sep 4 09:49:25 CDT 2006

marytinvb at aol.com wrote:

>  Hi Jerry! I noticed you apparently like jazz and wanted to maybe hook you up with my soon-to-be-ex-husband and his new girlfriend. His name is Hugh Richard Trotter and his girlfriend is Cheryl Deponceau (who apparently thinks she's "cute"), and they live in Chesapeake, Virginia. He would be an excellent hiking companion for you and he loves to travel and listen to jazz. And she would be an excellent hiking companion as well because she manipulates people and convinces them that they would be better off leaving the family penniless, so I'm sure she could navigate a good trail for the two of you.
>
> Although he deserted me and the children a few months ago, apparently he treats his friends a lot better. I'd like to do some light hiking in the wooded areas around Virginia Beach if anyone lives down this way.

The mower never did run right. He knew it. It got him by, though, so he
just left it as is. As the sun settled in the west the shadows grew
longer and the yard darker. He chugged along, wanting to get done before
the game started. An occasional miss in the engine reminded him of a
tractor his father had when he was a child.

The air, cool without the sun to warm it, was moist and heavy. As the
evening's dew started to blanket everything exposed, the traction
started to go away. Had he known of the dangers of mowing a dew-covered
lawn on an ill-running mower as twilight walked around, he'd have
stopped right then. But, he didn't. No, he didn't.