[at-l] Rank of fuels for alcohol stoves

TrailR at aol.com TrailR at aol.com
Mon Sep 4 22:52:22 CDT 2006

In a message dated 9/4/2006 2:48:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mvhudson at gmail.com writes:
Denatured Alcohol (probably at the top of the list, right?)
Isopropyl Alcohol (is this the same as Rubbing Alcohol?)
Heet (Yellow bottle)
Heet (Red bottle)
Single malt scotch
151 Rum
Gas line antifreeze (variety of makers?)>>>>
I've used Denatured alcohol, heet (yellow bottle) & single malt scotch.

My favorite is:

1) Heet (yellow bottle). It worked a little better than:
2) Denatured alcohol (but this still works great).
3) Single malt scotch heats from within
(Glen Morangie & Glen Fittich (I can't spell), both 18 years old).

Used all three liberally on my 03 thruhike.

hotdog AT 03