[at-l] White Mountains trip report

Victor Hoyt vhoyt at comcast.net
Tue Sep 12 20:16:16 CDT 2006

On 9/12/06 7:41 PM, "Mara Factor" <m_factor at hotmail.com> wrote:

> With a completely unscheduled chunk of time in my calendar, I took off last
> week to head for the Whites.  While the White Mountains used to be my
> weekend playground, in the last few years, I've been ignoring them in favor
> of less traveled (and less challenging) hikes.

Mara,

I really enjoyed this trip report. It's been a long while since I've been
able to get out and hike for more than a few hours. Reading these short
essays makes it a bit easier to take.

I had hoped to get into the Whites this Fall. However, I have been on the
road since 8/10, and will not be home until mid October. At least I'm now in
Michigan, where I can find good day hiking...

Vic