[at-l] Northern Forest Canoe Trail (was anybod)

Mara Factor m_factor at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 18 12:02:41 CDT 2006

Yup!  First heard about it years ago - probably in an AMC Outdoors magazine.
Looks like it was just dedicated this year though the first through paddler
did it in 2000.

There's now a web site for it:

http://www.northernforestcanoetrail.org/

Looks like I've already done a section of it in upstate NY.   Hmm...  Food
for thought I suppose.

For those looking to aquablaze portions of the AT, it seems to come close to
the trail in the Rangeley and Stratton areas but I'm not sure if it crosses
the AT.

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor