[at-l] Mindset first! Yes, I understand.

Raphael Bustin rafeb at speakeasy.net
Sat Sep 23 09:50:22 CDT 2006

At 10:16 AM 9/23/2006 -0400, Felix wrote:

>since everyone has baited breasts wondering about my stuff....

But you didn't answer my main question:  base pack weight?

>Pack: A Gregory G-pack (2.5-ish) replaced an old Gregory Spire (7+-ish)
>very nicely and with plenty of room and comfort.  Check out some of the
>new Osprey pax, though. They're trying to get in the mix.

I did check out an Osprey at REI and it looked like it
might work for me.  But REI didn't have it in the right size.
It wasn't ultralight, and the straps were marginal.  But it
seemed like it would be very comfortable -- there was
mesh against the back, instead of the pack itself.

>Water purification: Bleach, only when I feel like it's needed.

Hmm.  Seems to be a trend here.  Better
living through chemistry.

>Bag:  Down down down....

I've never used anything but.