[at-l] Mindset first! Yes, I understand.

Felix J athiker at smithville.net
Sat Sep 23 10:13:16 CDT 2006

Raphael Bustin wrote:

>At 10:16 AM 9/23/2006 -0400, Felix wrote:
>

>>since everyone has baited breasts wondering about my stuff....
>>

>But you didn't answer my main question:  base pack weight?

I've never known.  No clue, in fact. I'm like you...if I want to carry
it, I will. If the pack feels good with it in there, great.  But, if I
can save 5 lbs on my pack weight without giving up much room/comfort,
that's gotta be a good thing...right?

>>Pack: A Gregory G-pack (2.5-ish) replaced an old Gregory Spire (7+-ish)
>>very nicely and with plenty of room and comfort.  Check out some of the
>>new Osprey pax, though. They're trying to get in the mix.
>>

>I did check out an Osprey at REI and it looked like it
>might work for me.  But REI didn't have it in the right size.
>It wasn't ultralight, and the straps were marginal.  But it
>seemed like it would be very comfortable -- there was
>mesh against the back, instead of the pack itself.

You might want to e-mail/talk with ke kahaawe yourself. He can tell you
what is in store for Spring 07.

>>Water purification: Bleach, only when I feel like it's needed.
>>

>Hmm.  Seems to be a trend here.  Better
>living through chemistry.

Or...NO chemistry. If I see where it comes out of the ground, I don't do
anything, generally.
 (well, except drink it)