[at-l] speaking of kake and Osprey (rhymes wit' kakehawe... ) Re: Mindset first! Yes, I understand.

Sloetoe sloetoe at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 23 15:48:24 CDT 2006

--- Felix J <athiker at smithville.net> wrote:
> >Is this person a list-member?

> Comes and goes. A perennial lister and pretty nice
> guy, in general...> (Also...I've never seen him use
the list as a way to post SPAM for his company. How
can you not respect THAT?)

### Speaking o' which, I sent out that email of
lightweight urls and dis'ed REI and EMS (and all "big
boys") as purveyors of heavyweight drone o'gear. And
Osprey, compared with the garage operations in the url
I sent, *is* a big boy, and has (true) some
major-heavy packs. BUT they have a couple in
particular (somebody help me with names), including
the 2.5 pounder cited, that have done very well for
themselves in putting solid packs on the market with
less than solid weights. They have *responded* to
market opportunities with the agility of a smaller
operation, and a *number* of these packs have
faithfully served their owner for 2175 some miles. And
*that's* a great statement.

Oh, and Kake works there. "FI" and all that.
So:
Kake: Osprey
Fallingwater Ron Moaks: Six Moons
"Where is" Kurt: Wanderlust