[at-l] 2-3 day hikes in new england?

Victor Hoyt vhoyt at comcast.net
Sat Sep 23 16:31:25 CDT 2006

On 9/23/06 2:54 AM, "existx" <existx at existx.net> wrote:

> We're living on the South Shore of MA, and my GF are looking for hikes
> that we can go on during our weekends (Saturday evening/Sunday -> Tuesday).

Obviously, there are many in the Whites. That's already covered. Unlike Rafe
I don't consider the MA section of the AT "lame" ;-). There's a really great
loop that connects the Taconic Trail on Mt. Alander, with the AT on Mt.
Everett. It's easily doable in two days, (I've done it as a day hike, but
that was extreme), and you could even stretch it over three days if you
wanted to. Start at Mt. Washington State Park and hike widdershins, leaving
the road walk for the end.

Another great loop is around the Stratton Pond area. Super photo ops in the
Lye Brook Wilderness area.

vic