[at-l] 2-3 day hikes in new england?

Raphael Bustin rafeb at speakeasy.net
Sat Sep 23 23:48:52 CDT 2006

At 05:31 PM 9/23/2006 -0400, Vic Hoyt wrote:

>Obviously, there are many in the Whites. That's already covered. Unlike Rafe
>I don't consider the MA section of the AT "lame" ;-). There's a really great
>loop that connects the Taconic Trail on Mt. Alander, with the AT on Mt.
>Everett. It's easily doable in two days, (I've done it as a day hike, but
>that was extreme), and you could even stretch it over three days if you
>wanted to. Start at Mt. Washington State Park and hike widdershins, leaving
>the road walk for the end.
>
>Another great loop is around the Stratton Pond area. Super photo ops in the
>Lye Brook Wilderness area.

How rude of me to diss my home state <grin.>

I humbly and happily defer to your judgement on this matter
and would be honored to accompany you on a jaunt over
Alander any time.

I'm still in debt to you for help with a great hike in MA
last fall.  IIRC, you were on your way to Alander when
you dropped me off at the trailhead in Great Barrington.

[Felix was within a state or two of striking distance,
but otherwise occupied.]

rafe b
aka terrapin