[at-l] NY-NJ-PA photos and diary posted

Ken Bennett bennettk at wfu.edu
Sun Sep 24 08:43:24 CDT 2006

> I'd like to try for a simple 1 or 2 night trip this
> fall, specifically "retooled" to bring along some
> of the MF or even the LF kit.

The thing that keeps me from carrying either MF or LF gear is the tripod. My
smallest tripod is still too heavy, since I can't seem to find the cash for
a carbon fiber job. With a compact digital (or a 35mm rangefinder), I can
carry one of those tiny tripods for longer exposures, and just rest it on a
pack or a rock to get some elevation.

Still, this isn't a bad idea for a weekend trip. If I could restrict myself
to one lens and a couple of film magazines, the medium format kit might be
fun. I have so much old film gear that never gets used anymore, maybe this
is a way to get back to basics.

--Ken B