[at-l] NY-NJ-PA photos and diary posted

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 10:14:39 CDT 2006

I like the look of the A-series Canons and the fact that several newer
ones have image stabilization, but none (as far as I can determine)
can save images in RAW format or even an any uncompressed format such
as TIFF. Even the Powershot S3 IS and the G7 don't shoot anything but
JPG.

The 3 top features I want in a digital camera for hiking are 1)
histogram display, 2) RAW format & 3) image stabilization. Of course
I'd also like it to be as small or smaller than a pack of cigarettes
with resolution equal to a 4X5 view camera and weigh only 4-5 oz. but
those 3 I've listed are at least available. When not carrying my
digital SLR I use an Olympus 5060Z. It doesn't have IS but it does
have the first two although I wish it had higher resolution than 5MP.

--
Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/