[at-l] (a different kind of) Hike Report - JMT (long)

Linda Benschop athummingbird at dnet.net
Sun Sep 24 16:14:44 CDT 2006

TinMan,

This was the BEST hiking report I have ever read.  You took me right
there with you!  Have you considering writing a book or, at least, a
story for a magazine?  You also made me ache for a long distance hike.
I get a day or two here and there but feel so badly for my husband who
cannot hike much   because of his worsening physical limitations.  I
feel guilty going off without him.    I have to figure out how to
balance all of this.

I am anxious to hear more about that cat.  Jingle has a little jacket,
harness and leash....as you know.  I have taken her on the trail for a
couple of miles at a time and would love to take her on a longer hike.
Did this cat do the whole JMT?

BTW...we have some huge Rainbow trout here in Damascus!  So....anytime
you want to stop by....

You WILL be at the Gathering, right?

Did you happen to run into Hutch on the JMT?  Spoke to him the other
day.  He was in NYC and heading back here.  He did mention the the trail
was much tougher than he thought but had a great time.

Hope to see you soon.  Much to catch up.  Maybe you can slow down a bit
next time we get together.  Seems like you are always running.  Did this
hike slow you down at all?

Love, Hummer