[at-l] 2-3 day hikes in new england?

Mark Hudson mvhudson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 16:53:23 CDT 2006

For VT there's a nice loop hike from Rt 9 up to Goddard Shelter (basically
there not much in the line of camping after that) onto the West Ridge Trail.
At West Ridge you pick up a left turn at at trail junction, rather important
because if you miss the turn you come out in Bennignton. The end of the loop
is about a two mile road walk back to the car.
This was written up in the ATC mags "Loop Hikes" section at some point, you
might be able to find it in their on-line archives.

There's other loops up by Little Rock Pond and Griffith Lake, I haven't done
them, but I think they're more in the line of dayhikes. The West Ridge Loop
is a good overnighter...

skeeter