[at-l] Are hikers less passionate about their sport?

Cutter cutter78 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 17:59:52 CDT 2006

I try to avoid promoting my blog in this discussion group, but I hope you'll
forgive me this time. There's an interesting topic being discussed there and
in another blog, http://tommangan.net/twoheeldrive, and I thought members of
AT-L would be interested in it.

To summarize, Tom Mangan at Two-Heel Drive saw a post I'd written about a
couple of new outdoor-related Web sites, so he asked the founder of the
sites if there would be a similar one for hikers and backpackers. The
response Tom got was, well, surprising.

Steve Outing, the founder of yourclimbing.com and yourmtb.com, was lukewarm
to the idea. He said he didn't think hikers and backpackers were passionate
enough about their sport.

I tried to leap to our defense, but you might want to throw your own two
cents into the discussion at
http://cutter.wordpress.com/2006/09/26/it-just-takes-one-to-know-one/ and
the follow-up post at
http://cutter.wordpress.com/2006/09/27/lets-get-passionate/. If you prefer,