[at-l] streams (A "Thank You!") Re: "Back then..." comparisons 1979-2004

Bob C ellen at clinic.net
Wed Sep 27 19:20:10 CDT 2006

"You're right, the streams weren't in the shape
they are now -- they were cesspools back then. Still,
we managed. Things are MUCH improved now. "

Maybe. But the high ridges were probably cleaner in the 80s than now, at least. There was/is no treatment, then or now, for the ridgelines. But now there are far more hikers using the trail,and I sense less concern for basic environmental cleanliness.

Weary