[at-l] Sleeping Pad Puzzle

Mara Factor m_factor at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 27 21:02:51 CDT 2006

I always advise hikers to use the lightest pad on which you can get a good
night's sleep.  I'm jealous of those who can sleep on z-rest or other closed
cell foam pads.  They are so light.  But, they are bulky...

If your pad is too bulky to fit the entire pad inside your pack, you may be
able to cut off enough to form the "frame" to put inside your pack and carry
the rest on the outside of the pack.  When going to sleep, if the two
sections don't stay in place without help, you can probably rig a velcro
(duct tape?) connector to hold them together while you're sleeping.

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor