[at-l] Does anyone make this bag?

Mara Factor m_factor at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 29 13:17:18 CDT 2006

These are called top bags or quilts...  They use down on top and sleeping
pads below.  Check out Nunatak, Golite, and Big Agnes.

Also check out high quality down bags with continuous fill baffles.  They
allow you to shake the fill from the bottom part of the bag to the top.
This is useful in cold weather.  In warm weather, you can do the opposite.

As someone pointed out recently, top bags aren't as useful for those who
toss and turn.  But, if you're able to sleep on your back, they can be an
effective way to save weight.

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor