[at-l] Any controls on this thing?

Raphael Bustin rafeb at speakeasy.net
Fri Sep 29 20:44:05 CDT 2006

I've finally had some success with Tin Man's stove.
At least under ideal conditions.  Baby steps.

2 cups H20 boiled in about 7 or 8 minutes, with
oh, 1.2 oz of denatured alcohol.  This may sound
trivial to all of you but not to me.

Still one problem... the flames just seem to get
bigger and bigger the whole time ... and were
lapping the sides of the pot toward the end.
It was hard to keep cooking once boiling
commenced -- the flames were really way
too high for comfort, and well... outta control.

So... how do folks deal with that?  Or is there
still something I'm doing wrong?  Yes, of
course -- I'll use less alcohol, next time.
(Is that the sum total of the controls?)

PS: Tin Man graciously offered to assist with
a phone call, but as you can see, I'm still
winging it.

rafe b
aka terrapin