[at-l] who cares?

Felix J athiker at smithville.net
Thu Apr 5 11:07:59 CDT 2007

Sloetoe wrote:

>### OK, well, a friend of mine got a Thanksgiving
>phone call once (at home, not on trail, 'kay?) from
>Dave Matthews. I once carried BBKing's Lucille off the
>tour bus, and another time carried Harry Chapin's
>guitars onto the tour bus (different bus). And a hiker
>I know has seen John Mellencamp's wifie in skimpy
>clothing. (I mean live, not in a magazine picture.)
>Wait. What were we talking about?

For the sake of some clarification...

John Mellencamp's wife is not named Lucille and she has never been on
Dave Matthews' tour bus.  I have never been on Dave Matthews' tour
bus...though, I have leaned on it once.  I hear it has a 'never full'
restroom. Harry Chapin, who may or may not have had a wife named
Lucille, was never on BB King's tour bus...which was named,
coincidentally, Dave. Grandma Gatewood (whose first name was Lucille)
was never on Earl Shaffer's tour bus. Though, I hear she toured with
Harry Chapin. The Circle of Bacon is complete.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98