[at-l] If you think the AT is crowded or overused now..............

Sloetoe sloetoe at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 11:14:32 CDT 2007

--- Doug Mathews <mathews at uga.edu> wrote:

> If you think the trail(s) is/are over crowded now,
then I'd suggest that you get out and hike now.
According to the US Census Bureau, by the year 2050,
there will be 419,854,000 folks in the US. That is
almost a 50% increase.
> If everything holds, then a 50% increase in total
> population may mean a 50% increase in trail
> utilization if not more.

WRITTEN IN HUMOR AND A SENSE OF GOOD FUN:
Maybe we should get the Avery Monitors on task and on
trail, and insure that everyone has an AT Stamp, paid
for with good 'Merican dollars or sweat equity in
volunteer hours on projects approved by the Avery
Committee Of One?

THIS MESSAGE APPROVED FOR PUBLICATION BY THE AVERY
COMMITTEE OF ONE, THE APPALACHIAN TRAILBED AUTHORITY,
AND THE INTERSTATE COALITION ON VOLUNTEER AND HIKER WORTH.

Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.