[at-l] New Study re glucosamine condroitin

Sloetoe sloetoe at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 13:53:06 CDT 2007

--- Amy Skowronek <amy at forinash.net> wrote:
> I now take a combo with glucosamine, chondroitin,
> MSM and hyaluronic acid.

### In some *light* self-study, I found MSM to be
helpful, but never tried repeated trials. But the
hyaluronic acid!!! (STAND BY FOR SLOPPY PERSONAL
SCIENCE DEPARTMENT) I was in trouble once, heading
into an expensive race with a illiotibular band
irritation that would NOT respond to any of my
'til-then reliable cures. At the 3 weeks-to-go mark I
tried hyaluronic acid (I'd never heard of it being
separately available til then). Yup, 'nothing' for 3
weeks (not able to run more than a mile without
pain)... then I ran a 100 mile race, without ANY pain,
taking an hour off my previous time. That was
cooooool. Now, I haven't tried hyaluronic acid since
(heck, I haven't *run* since, really), but you can bet
it'll be on my next set of "personal trials."

scienceiscooltoe