[at-l] New Study re glucosamine condroitin

Mark Hudson mvhudson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 16:36:01 CDT 2007

I'm one of the ones that has only been taking glucosamine. If it does 85% of
the stuff without the Chondroitin then 1) it's cheaper, and 2) my knees
haven't gotten that bad yet, so it saves the hardcore stuff for later when I
really need it. <g>
As for the gluosamine, the placebo effect doesn't explain why my knees start
to hurt if I don't take it for six weeks. And second, I don't care if the
tablets are little white sugar pills if they make my knees stop hurting.
I will have to check out some information on that hyaluronic acid... it
sounds interesting. Did try MSM for a month, maybe not long enough but
didn't notice any difference. The glucosamine did take about 6-8 weeks to
kick in...

skeeter