[at-l] How I earned my trail name - eight years ago - TODAY!

Mara Factor m_factor at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 21 21:01:34 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

Just pulled into Erwin today and have settled into Miss Janet's place for
the time being.  While writing my journal entry for the day, I realized that
it wasn't "about" eight years ago that I fell on the way into Erwin, it was,
in fact, eight years ago to the day that I fell on the way to Erwin and put
a gash in my elbow that required six stitches and nine days in town waiting
for the infection to go away.

To read what I think is the funniest entry in my journal from that hike,
check out:

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/april1.html#21

Bristlecone (where is he now?) wrote my journal entry that day as I was in
too much pain and couldn't think straight.

My journal entry for today isn't nearly as funny.  Sigh.

That's all for now...

Mara
Stitches, AT99