[at-l] Need advice.

Mark Hudson mvhudson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 17:09:17 CDT 2007

Tom, if any trail was made for spur of the moment long distance hiking it's
the AT. With the multiple town stops you have so many choices for resupply
that you don't need mail drops, although they can be nice. You also have an
option of "oversupplying" in a town with a good grocery and mailing ahead to
a town with less choice. Otherwise all you really need is the Companion or
Wingnuts book.
It's not too late to start from Katahdin, but you'd better like winter
hiking when you get south. Otherwise, North Adams Mass is just a skip and a
jump away from Albany, but if you want to take it a little easier start on
the south side of Greylock instead of the north <g>.
Felix can give you his warped view of southbound hiking for details
particular to that...
Where are you located? I can give you a few options for getting on the trail
in the Hudson Valley... but it would have to be in the next two weeks before
I leave on vacation...

I say "Go For It!", but I think everyone on this list will say that ;  )

skeeter