[at-l] MEC

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 10:13:36 CDT 2007

Ah..MEC.

Their house gear is very quality product. Better than say REI in my opinion. I think MEC is what REI used to be.

When the US to CAD dollar rate was favorable to the US, they were an awesome deal. . Such a good deal that MEC was not allowed to ship some name brand products (e.g. Marmot) to a US address!

Yep...MEC is good stuff.

Alas, the exchange rate is no longer killer for the US dollar. :(  ($1 US to 1.06 CAD  vs $1 to ~$1.25 say 5 yrs ago. Sigh)

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com