[at-l] Used gear sources? (clarifications and another suggestion)

Mara Factor m_factor at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 17 10:58:25 CDT 2007

MEC has a gear swap page at:

http://tinyurl.com/2326pg

(or go to http://www.mec.ca and click on "Connect" and then "Online Gear
Swap.")  I don't think you have to be in Canada but suspect a majority of
traders are.

The Yahoo group, BackpackGearSwap, is the trading side of the
BackpackGearTest.org.  It was started so that testers could sell gear they
had tested but no longer use.  It had grown to allow the public to post ads
for gear.

Please use the swap group to post "For Sale" or "Wanted" ads.  The test
group is only used for discussion related to actual gear tests.

BackpackGearSwap can be found at:

Those interested in finding out more about geartesting should visit:

http://www.backpackgeartest.org/

Craigslist is a wonderful resource for local transactions.  Find it at:

http://www.craigslist.org/  (then select the state and area closest to your
own location)

Oh yeah...  In the interest of full disclosure, I have been a moderator and
geartester through BackpackGearTest.org.  I am the owner of the
BackpackGearSwap group (not that it gets me anything.)  I am a member of
MEC.  And, I have been a happy user of craigslist.org for quite a few years.

Hope this info helps...

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor