[at-l] new subscriber

Art Cloutman Art at crystalacresnh.com
Mon Aug 27 12:53:38 CDT 2007

Hi Mike,   What took you so long?  I've been a member almost as long
as the list has existed.  I did my thru hike in 04.  Maybe we met on
the trail?  My trail name was Gabby.  Started April 4th and took a
long casual hike finishing October 25.  I know, everyone says that's
impossible because Baxter closes on October 15th.  But that just is
not true.  It only closes to camping on October 15th.  It is always
open to day hiking.  There were only 4 people on the mountain the day
I reached the summit of Katahdin.  I hiked through the fog then the
clouds then a thin cover of snow up to the sign where the temps were
in the 50's and the sun was shining with just a slight breeze.  I
felt like I owned the mountain that day.

Welcome aboard MIke.

>As a new subscriber I just wanted to say 'Hello' to everyone here.  I am an
>AT thru-hiker from the class of '04' and just want to keep in touch with
>other AT hikers. Is anybody going to the gathering in October?
>

>   Mike

Life is Good!!!
Art Cloutman