[at-l] Appalachian Trail history captured in W.Va. museum

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 09:48:18 CST 2007

>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*Admiralty law* (also referred to as *maritime law*) is a distinct body of
law <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law> which governs
maritime<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maritime>questions and offenses.
It is a body of private international law governing
the relationships between private entities which operate vessels on the
oceans. It is distinguished from the Law of the
Sea<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_the_Sea>,
which is a body of public international law dealing with navigational
rights, mineral rights, jurisdiction over coastal waters and international
law governing relationships between nations.

On Dec 4, 2007 10:21 AM, Sloetoe <sloetoe at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Linda Benschop <athummingbird at dishmail.net> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone here know what admiralty law means?
> > Hummer
>
> ### It means, if you are crossing a flooded stream and
> get washed out to sea, you can maintain possession of
> your pack with a sure hand and a "Arrrr! You be
> keepin' yore mitts off'n my boooo-tyyyyy arrrrrr."
> Just keep possession. Sure hand. Arrrrr.
>

> piratoe
>
> Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
>   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.

Jim Bullard