[at-l] Snow, snow snow

Arthur Gaudet rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 13 16:34:23 CST 2007

It's coming down at about 2 inches/hour, and it's been snowing all afternoon.
This is the rapid moving storm that hit the mid-West so hard earlier this week.
So far about 5 inches and more to come. The first significant snowfall is always
an awakening, a splash of cold water in the face. We are all going to forget how
to drive, how to forgive our neighbors for taking parking spots, etc. It happens
every year.

And we're getting a double punch this year. The first Northeaster storm is
heading our way - it should get here on Saturday evening. These are the storms
that slide up the coast and pump water from the ocean onto us in the form of
snow. Highly unpredictable in how much snow it will offer, or perhaps just sleet
& rain. Some storms have dumped 1-2 feet on us, the record that I've seen is 38
inches in a single storm (Hurricane of '78).

We're doubly blessed in New England since we sit at the intersection of several
storm tracks. But, hey, that's what makes us so hardy.

I'm dusting off the snowshoes, checking the bindings, getting out the wax, etc.
I might just need them to get to the store! --RockDancer