[at-l] OK, Wise Ones---

Arthur Gaudet rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 19 11:15:05 CST 2007

Oh, the world is going to opening up for you today!

Are you using MS Word? Open your document, place the cursor somewhere, and then go to the Insert menu, pull down to Symbol and a dialog will open up for you. Pick an item, click on Insert and you've got it. If you continue to type from that location you may get a lot of funny stuff unless you go back to your original font. You can always change font by highlighting the script and then selecting a different font in your font pulldown (this also works in MS Outlook).

for example: "Mango met me at Lakes of the Clouds hut in 1998." becomes
"Mango met me at Lakes of the Clouds hut in 1998." (Symbol) or
"***** *** ** ** :-(**** ** *** ****** *** ** ****." (Wingdings)

√ -- this is the Square root sign you mentioned. (I'm in Times New Roman font)

♠ - black spade

♫ - music note

Ò - register symbol  (symbol font)

Ó - copyright symbol (symbol font)

Ô - trademark symbol (symbol font)

þ - this one is in wingdings font (you change fonts in the upper left hand box)

R - this is from wingdings2 font

Enjoy, you can have a lot of fun with this stuff, including drawing all sorts of things . --RockDancer

  _____