[at-l] Some Sad News

Sloetoe sloetoe at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 06:53:45 CST 2007

### That's the one! Much broader body of work than
just "Shanty" or "Sunshine (Go Away Today, ...)".
Jeez, the last time I saw him was ... 1981, summer
time, home from school, in a little underground bar
just off the New Haven green, filled with cigar smoke
from martini-sipping disco refugees. He'd just cut a
commercial for Tweeter, Etc., and was making cracks
like "Some people will do anything for money". I was
actually laying on the floor (in work clothes!) with
my feet nearly on his monitor. He recognized me from a
previous performance -- very flattering. (Although, I
had a rather dis-fashionable, "enthusiastic" beard at
the time...) Very nice evening, altogether.