[at-l] A White Christmas In NH

Art Cloutman Art at crystalacresnh.com
Sun Dec 23 22:37:41 CST 2007

It's raining here right now, but with well over 30 inches of snow on
the ground we will be enjoying snow for a very long time.  I could
see the magnificent snow covered White Mountains from the top of the
Panorama High Speed Detachable Quad ski lift at Gunstock Mountain
while working there this past week.  Much of Lake Winnipesaukee has
frozen over.  Soon the ice will be thick enough for ice fishing.  I
had hoped to get into the woods on my snowshoes after work yesterday
and possibly this morning. But I was faced with the task of clearing
snow off the roofs of  our cottages.  It is scarry standing on a
pitched roof in knee deep snow with a shovel.  I got most of the snow
off of three of the cottages.  I managed to rake the lower roof of
the cottage in which my wife and I live.  But I did not try to clear
the snow off the larger cottage down by the lake because it has a
very steep pitch.  It's steeper pitch should distribute the weight of
the snow and the soaking rain to the outside walls.

My wife and I went out to dinner last night.  Then we took a little
ride to see the Christmas lights.  The white snow helped to make the
displays even more beautiful.  Best wishes to all for a joyous
holiday.

--

Life is Good!!!
Art Cloutman