[at-l] Merry, Merry Christmas!!!

Miss Janet themissjanet at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 12:20:00 CST 2007

I slept in late after sitting up wrapping all my regifiting gifts.  I
promised that I was not BUYING any gifts this year and I have not... yet...
but I still have to avoid the evil Wally World until they close at 6:00
pm....

Regifting has been a little emotionally draining, I must say. Choosing from
the plethora of stuff available was a little tricky but there was another
unforeseen outcome.  As I have sorted through closets, boxes and
drawers....in the process of packing to move out of this house... I have
relived a thousand memories. It amazes me how fast my little girls grew up
to be young women starting families of their own.   I have relived lots of
dance recitals, birthdays, proms, graduations and interesting hair doos!!!
Christmas will never be the same after this year.  Very bittersweet!

But I have also relived a thousand different memories that the AT family has
given me as well.  I don't remember who I was before you all adopted me as
one of your own!

I remember walking up to Spinger Mt. shelter in the middle of the night with
pizza and champaign, jingle bells and a Santa hat... then later going
caroling with a Tuba playing hiker... priceless!
I remember a group of alumni hikers traveling to Florida stopping to drop
off a few things... they had stopped and filled their car full of huge boxes
of trash bags, tons of toilet paper and even bags of food for Fabian... it
looked like Santa's Sleigh!
I remember dozens of Christmas cards one year that held donations to replace
a furnace... some of them from people I had never met!  I remember all the
helping hands and $$ that have made me thankful and made me cry.

I remember a thousand different times we have all shared a laugh!  I
remember a thousand moments around a campfire... or a bon fire!  I remember
a thousand different songs that made me smile... I also remember the tears
shed by some having a difficult time... and I remember the times someone
helped to dry my tears.

Most of all I have remembered what you all mean to me and I want you to know
that I don't take you for granted!!

Merry Christmas Family!!!

Miss Janet