[at-l] High Altitudes and Medications

Gary Ticknor garyticknor at starpower.net
Sun Feb 4 21:13:00 CST 2007

Another gout sufferer - my toefelt sympathy. I have taken 100mg
allopurinol in Tibet and Nepal and the Altoplano and encountered no ill
effects. No long hikes, but many short ones, especially in Peru. I had a
fairly constant headache and some nausea in Tibet despite diamox, but I
don't ascribe that to the allopurinol.

- Greenbriar