[at-l] timmy...

Richard Mann yugrekih at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 06:50:03 CST 2007

Some of you may remember Timmy (Cinda Williamson) of Timmy and Peter Pan (hubby Al).  They hiked with me in the Slackpack Tour of '97.  Timmy was diabetic.  A while back, she underwent elective experimental surgery to replace her pancreas.  She has had many years of non-diabetic bliss (can you say CHEESEBURGER) because of the surgery, but also has had ongoing organ rejection complications.  Her body recently totally rejected the pancreas.  She had the organ removed last Monday, and is now recuperating (with gobs of pain).  I do not know her future prognosis, but life without a pancreas is tough, and finding her a new pancreas is possible, but not immediate (someone has to die, then the donor pancreas needs to be tested for compatibility markers, then people on a list with these markers get the pancreas).  She needs your prayers...

I am not giving out any email or snail mail address, because Timmy and Peter Pan need to stay focused on the task at hand (keeping her alive).  I will update the list periodically...

Pittsburgh