[at-l] Is...

Kevin Kirby kirbyinanutshell232 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 19:11:09 CST 2007

yeah, they use hundred hours, for instance a commander will say, men, you need to be up at 0 600 dundred hours.

Kirby

Carla & Dave Hicks <daveh at psknet.com> wrote: In "military time" ???

As best I remember, in my day, USMC & US Navy would have been "Oh Two
Hundred", and "Sixteen Hundred."  Or maybe "Four Bells" and "Eight Bells" when
at sea.

Is "hundred hours" used now?  Is that an Army thing?

As I remember, some agencies use 02:00Z w/o the word "hours" to coordinate
world wide.

I wonder where and when "hours" came into use.

Chainsaw