[at-l] Trees

Doug Mathews mathews at uga.edu
Wed Feb 28 08:48:38 CST 2007

Listers,

When I was in Costa Rico and hiking through the rain forest in La
Selva Biological Station, I was in old growth forest and anywhere
there had been forest harvested, it was so obvious to the untrained
eye (mine) what was old and what was new.  The old had so much more
"attractiveness" to them than the new.  Sure the new was reforesting
the land, but you lost so much.  Perhaps when these "new" forest"
become "old" their will not be the distinct difference.

There has to be a balance I know but I like the look of the old better!

Again, my 2cents

Mainframe GA-->ME 2002