[at-l] Year End Survey time.....

Sloetoe sloetoe at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 1 13:04:25 CST 2007

--- Sloetoe <sloetoe at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yep yep yep.
> That time again....
> But since this year was basically a no-hike year for
> me....
> wHAT'S UP FOR YOUR 2007?!?!?!??!!

> 1) Hit the Colorado Trail with Connor and Cole. 470
> miles of fun and games from Denver to Durango. I'd
> like to just go camp on it, but I'd like to let the
> boys see what they can do, too. We'll see.....
### Back on the list. Along with
  2) Hike the LT again. One tough mutha, that. Worth
another look.
  3) HikeATTEMPT the Cohos. Skeeter (and others who've
completed it) sez we jumped off right as things were
getting good {Dixville southbound}. HA! But it's just
hanging out there.....
  4) Plan a winter hike with a better dang menu, like
> maybe Erwin south, or maybe Fontana south to Deep
> Gap, or ... sometin'.
### Did this in '03-'04-- Fontana to Springer. Way
fun. Thought about the Whites last Christmas, and got
bogged down at work. Still would be fun for '07-'08.
Mebbe mebbe mebbe.
> 5) Run (ha!) 100 miles under 24 hours. Or do the
> Knobstone in a day. Or sometin'.
### Well, got the "100 miles" part down, just need to
work on time. Need to run more. (I haven't since May!)
But I'd like to go under 20 hours. If I can get 40
miles a week in (something alot of runners consider
"pedestrian"), I can do it. Dang it.

> the at-l from 2006?
More life than I've seen in awhile. Refreshing.

> 2007?
As per 2000's response: "More new blood." Always.
Newbies rule. Even oldpharts who reappear (Red,
Bamaman, Jim'n'Ginny, Navigator, Solar Bear,
bluetrail/wanchor, Dan&Gutsy, Bogey&Slim, to name
"some"), add the new juice of their adventures,
questions, updates, tales (true and not), .....

Ah well.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
toe

Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!