[at-l] Speed Record

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Mon Jan 1 14:16:33 CST 2007

In a message dated 1/1/2007 2:23:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ellen at clinic.net writes:

I  suspect the n-S record may have been set by Ward Leonard on the second leg
of  his distance record attempt in 1991.

Ward probably would have it if it included carrying a backpack and doing
your own resupply, but I belive Pete Palmer has it in something like 48+ days
going S-N..  Andrew Thompson aka Trail Dog hold the overall record going  south
at 47+ days.  Squeaky will be attempting a sub-40 day hike southbound  later
this year.

Sly